For this week’s technology class, I would like you to read the 3D Crazy Characters eBook which was written by the 2nd graders. Click on the link below to open up the book to read it. (If you use the Chrome or Safari browser, there will be a READ TO ME button in the top right corner.) Older students, you may remember making these crazy characters when you were in second grade – your job this week is to encourage the younger students!
When you are done, you may leave a comment at this blog post to tell the second graders what you liked about this book. Click up at the top title where it says “comments”. Older students, be sure you are thoughtful and kind in your comment to support and encourage the 2nd graders. (Younger students may need a grown-up to help them write the comment.) Please only use your first name (NO LAST NAMES, NO EMAIL). Miss Bosch will check all comments before they are posted.
OPTIONAL PROJECT ACTIVITY (if you wish):
Use a technology tool like a computer or an iPad to draw a picture or write a story about a crazy character that you invent. (Second graders or students who did this project in the past, you may also draw or write the new or continuing adventures of your 3D crazy character!) If you want, your parents may email your project to me so I can see it. Have fun and be creative – don’t just do the same thing you did in your book!
HERE ARE SUGGESTED DRAWING APPS/WEBSITES FOR THIS PROJECT:
- Hello Crayon app ( was used with K students, for younger students)
- Draw and Tell app ( was used with K students, for younger students)
- KidPix5 app – (NOTE: this is a paid app. It is the same as the software that we use in technology class. If you have an iPad, it might be worth the cost as a familiar way for students to do technology activities at home. You can draw as well as create stories using this app.)
- Sketches School app
- Drawing Box Free app
- Kidmons Paint website
- Nick Jr. Free Draw website
- Sketchpad (for older students)
TO TYPE A STORY:
- Use Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Google Docs on a computer or iPad (see an adult for help to find these tools to use).
- Book Creator App – (NOTE: this is a paid app – wonderful options for book building, drawing, audio, video, and creativity! This is the app we used to make our Crazy Character book! Worth the price!)
- Any other option that lets you make a story is fine, too!
Parents, you can also download the Crazy Characters eBook at iTunes for free if you have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer: