This week you are going to have the opportunity to use technology to create your own superhero or avatar. Please select one or more activities to do. When you are done, you may leave me a comment to let me know which activity you did and what you learned and liked about it. If you do a project, I would love to see a picture of it. An adult may send me an email to share it with me. (email@example.com). I also challenge you to be a “Superhero” this week around your house by doing something kind and helpful for the people who are living in your home!
- Super Hero Me – show your super powers! (This doesn’t have a save button, have an adult help you take a screenshot to save.)
- Star Wars – design your own Star Wars Character
- Hero Maker – from PBS, create a hero and learn about other REAL Heros!
- Style-a-Hero – use character traits to build your hero
- Avatar Maker – detailed features to design your face, this one is a kid favorite!
- MiniMizer – design a Lego style person
- Disney Yourself – make yourself look like a Disney Character
- Peanuts – make a Peanuts character that looks like you
- Adventure Story Comic Covers – design your own custom comic cover (note: this one is advanced, but older students may be able to figure it out!)
PROJECT – turn your photo into a superhero on an iPad. Watch this video below to learn how.
ON AN IPAD (ask a grown-up before downloading):
- Pickayou – my favorite, design your own characters!
- Super Hero Comic Maker – make your own scenes, you can even reord your voice and move characters to tell a story!
- Hero Maker – design a superhero (note: contains small ads at top)
- Create Your Own Superhero (note: there are video ads when you finish your hero.)
- Hero Maker for Kids – tap on features to create your hero (note: some games require in-app purchase.)