We recently completed a unit on cyber citizenship. As part of the unit, students created public service announcements using the Adobe Voice app. Here are their finished commercials:
Students, if we have time, leave a 2 or 3 sentence comment about this project. Tell me:
- What you liked/learned from it
- One thing that you/your group did a great job on
- One thing that you think you/your group could have improved
Use these links to view some videos on issues related to Cyber Citizenship:
NS Teens Challenge
Use these video to gather ideas to make a public service announcement video giving students good advice on staying safe and being smart when using technology.
At the end of class, post a comment of 2 or more sentences telling about something NEW about being smart and safe online that you learned from these videos.
Today the students did an online chat activity where we discussed a variety of aspects of using technology as a part of middle school life. It is great to have a discussion where everyone can participate and everyone’s ideas can be heard/shared.
Students, sadly, our class is drawing to an end. Thanks for all your hard work!
Please leave a comment of at least 3 sentences to give me some feedback on the class and also to reflect on your work during the quarter. You may look back at some of the blog posts to refresh your memory, just do not get distracted by them.
- What new things did you learn from this class?
- What was your favorite project or activity?
- What project or activity did you NOT like? Please explain why and give any ideas to make it better.
- Which project that you made were you proudest of and why?
- What is something you could have improved in this class?
- Any other suggestions or ideas for MIss Bosch to make the class better?
Students, it is important that you are able to thoughtfully evaluate websites. Not everything that you find on the internet is true!
Please watch this video and use the worksheet to take notes. Write down the meanings of website endings and the A, B, C, D, and E of evaluating websites. Then write a sentence or two explaining what each one means. (Ignore the instructions at the end of the video.)
Watch this tutorial and use the Sketchbook X (Express) app to make a drawing of yourself using a selfie!