Over the past 2 weeks the sixth graders have been building Minecraft tutorials that can be used by the 3rd graders when they do their animal habitat project in Minecraft. The tutorials were built using screenshots from Minecraft and the Explain Everything app. When I surveyed the students at the end of class today, this project was by far their favorite! A great lesson to help student think logically and clearly to break down and explain a process in steps.
Teacher note: Explain Everything is one of those essential apps for education that can be used in multiple ways. Currently it is $3.99 on the US iTunes store.
Students, you did an outstanding job on your PowerPoint presentations! I enjoyed looking at them and hearing your presentations. Please leave a 3 sentence comment reflecting on what you learned, evaluating yourself, and giving me any suggestions for the project in the future.
- What new skills did you learn about creating a PowerPoint?
- What did you learn about ways to design a good and a bad looking presentation?
- How did you feel about giving your presentation in front of the class?
- What things would you try to improve next time you make and give a presentation?
- Do you have any suggestions how the teacher could improve this project for next time?
Thank you for your comment. It is a part of your daily participation grade.
Recently, the sixth graders learned about sketchnotes in class and worked on using iPads to create digital sketchnotes of a day or an event. Below is a gallery showing some of the sketchnotes that they created. (Click on an image to see the large view.)
It has been exciting to watch the students start to use the sketchnote strategy for taking notes during chapel. They are finding it really helps them focus while they listen, plus it is fun!