Here is a fantastic opportunity for our school to win two 3D printers from Dremel. There is NO LOGIN REQUIRED to vote! Click the link below, then click vote. Look for Southfield Christian, then check the box to vote for us. Here is the link:
Link to Vote for Southfield Christian
You can vote once a day on each device that you own through December 26. Dremel will be giving these away to the schools that get the most votes!
Thanks for your help! We’d appreciated it if you would share with others to vote for our school!
What is one word that best represents your goal for the new year? You are going to use the Phonto app to combine your ONE WORD with a selfie and an explanation of why you chose that word.
The four parts of this project are:
- Open the Phonto app and take a selfie
- Type in your ONE WORD and format it so it is large and stands out.
- Type in your explanation of why you picked that word and format it so it is smaller but easy to read.
- Save your picture and upload it to Dropbox
Watch this video tutorial which shows the 4 parts of the project. You may pause the video while you do each step.
Here is a link to Mrs. Requard’s video which I showed at the beginning of class with the ONE WORDS created by the 4th and 5th graders of North Star Elementary School in Arizona:
One Word Resolutions for 2016
Over the past week or so, the sixth graders have been developing tutorials to explain how to create or do something in Minecraft. They took screenshots of the process while building in MInecraft. Then they added their screenshots into the Explain Everything app where they added additional directions using text and annotations. When their slides were done, they recorded audio directions. I will be posting the tutorial videos below as they are completed and published!
Our next project will be creating MInecraft Tutorials using the Explain Everything app.
MInecraft Tutorials 2015
Step One: View a few of the tutorials from previous years using the links above. While watching, please observe these things:
- What things did people do to made a project interesting watch and effective to understand?
- Did the directions and steps make sense?
- Did you understand the way that they annotated their screenshots as they talked?
- Was the audio clear and easy to understand?
Step Two: You will need to watch the Explain Everything tutorials to learn how to use the app. Use the app on your iPad as you watch to test out the things you learn.
What is Explain Everything?
Also, these tutorials may be helpful: