Items for this week 4/13:
- If needed, finish your Bible Verse Poster and blogpost from last week – this will be graded. Let me know if you need help.
- I sent information last week for a Google Classroom for you to join to help you keep organized – let me know if I need to send it again.
- Optional Zoom Office Hours, Tuesday April 11, 3rd hour: 10:00 – 10:30 / 7th hour: 2:15 – 2:45. Stop in if you have a question or just want to say hi. I will send you the invitation 15 minutes before and will also post in our Google Classroom.
- This week we are using Tynker to explore coding. I will email your login information individually to you. Please contact me on Monday if you do not get it or cannot get it to work! Read below the details of the assignment and expectations for this week:
This week’s assignment is to use Tynker to learn more about coding. You can use the website or download the app – the links are below. (NOTE: It starts easy, but it will get more complex as you go along. If you have already done a lot of coding in the past and the lessons seem too easy after you have worked for a bit, let me know and I can move you up a level.)
On Monday through Thursday, spend 15 – 20 minutes each day working in Tynker. You should have a minimum of one hour working on lessons this week. I can track your progress and see how much you are working – if you are under that amount your grade will be adjusted.
On Friday, write a blogpost telling me about what you have done with coding for this week. Include in your post:
- How far you got in your lessons.
- What you learned about coding, including an explanation of at least one coding vocabulary word like “loops” or “functions.”
- What was fun or challenging about the coding lessons in Tynker. You can also tell me what you liked or didn’t like.
- Include a photo or screenshot of one of the activities you liked, was hard, or you want to talk about.
- Due Date: Monday, April 20 at 8 am.
Thanks, let me know if you have any questions. I will be tracking your progress within Tynker as you work during the week.
Apple Tynker app download
Google Tynker app download