Hi students. My stepmom passed away peacefully on Wednesday night. I’d appreciate your prayers for my family and especially my dad.
Here is a what I expect you to be working on:
1) Work on your African American Hero Portrait Project. Follow the directions on the worksheet. Be creative! If you were absent when I introduced the project, please read through the directions sheet and you may ask questions of a classmate if you need more details. Don’t use Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks – I want you to find someone that you maybe don’t know all about. **Please talk to your sub to see if they approve the person that you pick to be an appropriate example from a Christian context. It should be a person who is no longer living and has a legacy.
Here is a video to watch if you are looking for ideas or just to get some background on what we celebrate this month:
**Be sure to watch the tutorials below for help using Keynote if needed, expecially if you have never used Keynote to draw or to show you how to set up the portraits!
2) Finish working on editing your selfie portraits if needed using the photo apps – minimum of 3, you may do more. (Gioni, I think you were absent when we did this. I have the worksheet for you. Ask a classmate to explain, if needed.)
3) If done with the above: Photo or Drawing project or projects of your choice. (You must be working on one or more of these things, not just messing around, I will be checking to see what you did.)
- Animating your African American Hero Portrait it Keynote.
- Making another portrait, drawing, or sketchnote of your choice in Keynote
- Doing a project from the Everyone Can Create Photo or Drawing ebooks on your iPad.
- I am looking for detailed and skilled work, not just messing around!
If you have a question, please leave it in the comments on this post and I will try to get back to you for the next day with a reply.
Use these video tutorials to help you with using the drawing tools in Keynote:
Hello students! In a few days, we will be setting up your own personal blog. We will be using blogging and commenting to set goals, to gather feedback from classmates and others, and to evaluate and reflect upon our work. To get started, we will use my tech blog.
Leave a comment of at least 3 sentences, telling:
- What is something you enjoy doing with technology (at home or at school)?
- What are one or two things you would like to learn, improve, or do in tech class this year?
- What is something you would like me to know about yourself?
Remember, when posting online:
- No last names. No personal info.
- Use your best sentences, spelling, and punctuation.
- Be sure that everything you post is kind, intelligent, and God-honoring!
When your comment has posted, you may look through the blog at past projects and videos.
Over the past few weeks, the seventh-grade students have been creating videos based on words from a verse from the Psalms. After learning about Creative Commons Copyright, students used copyright friendly websites to find images and music for their video. They then used iMovie to add the photos, used the Ken Burns effect to add movement to the still images, and then added titles, credits, and music. This is always one of my favorite projects – the videos are beautiful and truly reflect God’s creation.
Below are posted the videos that had no proofreading mistakes. (I will post additional videos as students make corrections.)
Seventh graders, thanks for your great work on your videos. I am looking forward to watching them!
Please leave a comment of at least 3 sentences, telling about the following things:
- What did you like about this project? What didn’t you like?
- What new things did you learn from this unit about copyright and/or iMovie?
- What parts of your project were the best/strongest? What things do you think you could have improved or done better?
- What suggestions do you have for Miss Bosch to improve the project for next time? Did you like using the videos for instruction?
Remember, first names only! Use your best spelling and grammar skills. Thanks!
This comment is required and is part of your participation grade for today.
Use these tutorials along with the written directions to work through the steps of your project. I will add more videos as we work through the project.