We recently did 2 online activities to practice using chat and collaboration tools in a school setting.
On Wednesday we used an online chatroom to hold a class discussion. It was great because everyone had an opportunity to answer each question and contribute to the discussion.
On Thursday we used a collaborative document tool that had a chatroom attached. Students were challenged to build a document virtually with a group. The document was to give advice to future 6th grade students. No talking was allowed – all planning needed to be done by using online chat!
Each color represented a different student’s work. The chat area is on the right. Below are some examples of the students’ documents.
Please leave a comment of at least 3 sentences. Talk about:
- What kinds of technology you like to use and what you like to do?
- Something new you would like to learn this year in tech class?
- Something you like to improve in your technology skills?
Remember, when posting online:
- No last names.
- Use your best sentences, spelling, and punctuation.
- Be sure that everything you post is kind and God honoring!
When your comment has posted, look for August 2015, September 2015, October 2015, November 2015, or December 2015 on the right sidebar and check out some projects from last year’s classes.
Miss Bosch will give you the sign in code and directions how to login.
Use these links to view some videos on issues related to Cyber Citizenship:
NS Teens Challenge
We will be using blogging and commenting to set goals and to evaluate and reflect upon our work. Remember when blogging or commenting to only use your first name and don’t include personal information. Please use complete sentences, good spelling, and correct grammar and to show yourself off in a positive intelligent way!
Leave a comment of at least 3 sentences telling about the following:
- What would you like to learn how to do (or improve) using technology during this class?
- What are some of your technology skills that you feel you already are good at doing (your strengths)?
- What are some of the ways that you use technology for fun?
- What kinds of devices do you own or have available for use in your family (such as a smartphone, iPod, iPad or other tablet, digital camera, or ???)
In case you are interested, here is the link where I made the Star Wars trailer: http://www.starwordz.com/starwordz/
Students, you did an outstanding job on your PowerPoint presentations! I enjoyed looking at them and hearing your presentations. Please leave a 3 sentence comment reflecting on what you learned, evaluating yourself, and giving me any suggestions for the project in the future.
- What new skills did you learn about creating a PowerPoint?
- What did you learn about ways to design a good and a bad looking presentation?
- How did you feel about giving your presentation in front of the class?
- What things would you try to improve next time you make and give a presentation?
- Do you have any suggestions how the teacher could improve this project for next time?
Thank you for your comment. It is a part of your daily participation grade.
Today the students did an online chat activity where we discussed a variety of aspects of using technology as a part of middle school life. It is great to have a discussion where everyone can participate and everyone’s ideas can be heard/shared.